Public policy influences our energy clients’ businesses every day, so we make sure their voice is heard by key public policy decision makers. Our attorneys and government relations professionals have decades of experience successfully representing our clients before state legislatures, state regulatory agencies and local units of government.
The Winthrop team has gained critical experience and perspective working in both the private sector and the public sector, in a variety of high-level positions over the past thirty years. We know the statutes, the rules, the decision-makers, the politics and the process. We help develop winning strategies and then guide clients through the legislative and regulatory processes, taking the mystery out of what can be cumbersome and confusing undertakings.
- Investor owned utilities
- Cooperative and municipal utilities
- Gas and oil pipeline companies
- Independent power producers
- Renewable energy developers
- Large energy customers
- Strategy development
- Rate Cases and Alternative Ratemaking
- Resource planning and acquisition proceedings
- Regulatory compliance
- Legislative advocacy
- Bill drafting and testimony
- Certificate of Need, Siting and Routing Proceedings
- Contested Case Hearings
- Rulemaking Proceedings
- Compliance Filings
- Power Purchase Agreements
- Gained all necessary regulatory approvals for high voltage transmission lines, pipelines, wind and solar energy projects
- Successfully litigated rate cases for both investor-owned utilities and for large customers
Mentioned Attorneys and Professionals
Eminent Domain, Easements, and Right of Ways for Oil Pipelines
Co-presenter. Association of Oil Pipelines Annual Business Conference. Denver, CO.