We represent individuals and businesses in all types of state and federal health care regulatory compliance, including hospitals and clinics, behavioral health providers, licensed health care professionals, senior living providers and more.
With our extensive knowledge of state and federal regulations, much of which was learned while serving as government lawyers or administration officials, our health care team helps clients understand their responsibilities and manage risk in dealing with regulatory and compliance issues. We understand that your goal is always to be able to continue to operate your business with as little external impact as possible, and our experience and relationships with members at all levels of government and in regulatory agencies.
- Physician groups
- Behavioral health providers
- Mental health providers
- Hospitals and health care systems
- Home health care organizations and systems
- Senior living operators and owners
- Assisted living facilities
- Trade associations
- Pharmacies and specialty pharmacies
- Dentists and specialists
- State and federal privacy laws, including data breaches
- Public and private payer reimbursement issues
- Fraud, waste and abuse
- Anti-kickback and Stark
- State licensing and enforcement
- Credentialing, privileging and peer review processes
- The purchase or sale of a medical or dental practice or business
- General corporate governance, management, and employment issues
- Represented a behavioral health provider in connection with an administrative license revocation appeal. Successfully resolved the license revocation appeal through informal resolution on favorable terms to the provider.
- Represented a behavioral health provider in challenging the imposition of an order of conditional license through a writ of certiorari appeal to the Minnesota Court of Appeals, resulting in the reversal of several challenged citations and remand to the Commissioner of Human Services for reconsideration of the appropriate action.
- Represented an assisted living facility in challenging the denial of a comprehensive home care license by the Minnesota Department of Health, successfully negotiating an agreement allowing the provider to continue operating; upon resurvey, the Minnesota Department of Health granted the providers a comprehensive home care license.
- Conducted internal investigations for a large specialty provider group regarding potential billing and coding issues, reviewing and revising internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Negotiated with numerous health insurers to ensure that providers are receiving the statutorily and contractually correct reimbursement.