I represent clients of all sizes in their estate planning needs, including estate and tax planning, wills, trusts, and more. I use my background in finance and tax to help clients find the best solutions for their families and businesses, and to help them achieve peace of mind.
Areas of experience include:
- Counseling individuals, families, and closely-held businesses in estate, charitable, tax, business and succession planning.
- Drafting estate planning documents, including revocable trusts, wills, health care directives, powers of attorney, and specialized trusts, including ILITs, GRATs, and supplemental/special needs trusts.
- Assisting with all aspects of trust funding, including drafting deeds, transfer on death deeds, language for beneficiary designations, and identifying appropriate assets to fund to trusts.
- Managing probate administrations from inception of proceedings to discharge of personal representative, including drafting petitions to initiate and close administrations, inventories, and final accounts.
- Manage trust administrations, including court supervised administrations, from the creation of the trust through trust termination, and prepare trust modification, trust merger, trust termination, and nonjudicial private settlement agreements pursuant to the Minnesota and Wisconsin Trust Codes.
- Assisting in the preparation of estate and gift tax returns.
- Representing and counseling clients in guardianship and conservatorship proceedings, including the preparation of petitions for appointment, inventories, accountings, and other annual filings.
- Representing closely-held business clients in various matters, including entity formation and drafting of organizational documents, drafting and review of various contracts, and drafting partnership, buy/sell, and purchase/sale agreements.