- Represented national bank in defense of contract, misrepresentation and antitrust claims seeking damages of $200 million in connection with asset sale. Summary judgement granted in favor of client on all claims. Court awarded sanctions against Plaintiff.
- Represented leading financial institution against claims requesting over $500 million arising from securities lending program losses incurred during financial crisis. Following seven week jury trial, verdict returned in favor of bank client on all counts.
- Defended national bank against antitrust, RICO, fraud, and contract claims asserted in connection with multi-year sales process. Dispositive motion granted with respect to all claims.
- Represented major broker-dealer in UCC dispute. All claims dismissed without cost to client.
- Represented community bank in dispute regarding midnight deadline. Prevailed at district court and affirmed on appeal.
I am a shareholder with Winthrop & Weinstine, P.A. and represent clients in complex commercial litigation matters. My experience includes contract cases; misrepresentation and fiduciary duty actions; shareholder disputes; private and government antitrust matters; securities actions; FINRA arbitrations; intellectual property cases involving patent, trademark, copyright and trade secret claims; insurance coverage disputes; confidentiality/restrictive covenant proceedings; and product liability claims. My clients have spanned a broad spectrum of industries including banking and financial services, food, energy, transportation, consumer products, insurance, professional services and construction.
Honors & Awards
Minnesota Super Lawyers®
Top 100, 2009
Top 40 Business Litigation Attorneys
Local Litigation Star
Benchmark Litigation, 2010-2021
The Best Lawyers in America©
Commercial Litigation, 2016-2023
LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell, Peer review ratings