Winthrop attorneys Nadeem Schwen and Lisa Ellingson will be presenting at the Minnesota CLE’s Midwest Legal Conference on Privacy and Data Security from February 7-8, 2022. Their presentation, “How to Control Data Security and Privacy Risks in a Remote or Hybrid Workplace,” will cover a range of practical and actionable steps to take, including:
- Concrete guidance and best practices for data security during remote work;
- Training employees and monitoring compliance with data security protocols;
- Pros and cons of company-provided vs. employee-provided equipment;
- Drafting remote work policies to promote privacy and data security, including updates to Bring Your Own Device policies;
- Managing the risks of virtual voice assistants; and
- Addressing considerations for protecting intellectual property
For more information and to register to attend, please click here.