Franchise Transactions shareholder Tami Diehm co-presented a Below the Line Club webinar on February 13, 2020 on mergers & acquisitions trends within the petroleum marketing, lubricants distribution, and convenience retail industries.
The pace of consolidation within the petroleum marketing, lubricants distribution, and convenience retail industries continues to be brisk. Many firms are trying to plan growth strategies in this time of structural change and some are evaluating if the time is right to exit. Knowledge is power when making important decisions. This webinar discusses key market consolidation trends and considerations firms should keep in mind as they seek to acquire firms.
M&A Landscape Update
Spencer Cavalier of Matrix Capital Markets Group provided updates on current industry M&A activity. Topics included:
- M&A trends in convenience stores, dealers, propane, lubricants, and commercial fuels
- Identification of drivers behind the continued push for consolidation
- Discussion of recent Multiples across business segments that are helpful to understand whether you are a buyer or seller
What if You’re a Buyer? Considerations to Keep in Mind
Most of us are looking to buy, not sell. Tami Diehm of Winthrop & Weinstine discussed:
- Considerations to keep in mind if you are a buyer
- Due diligence pitfalls to avoid
This Below the Line Club webinar is designed for owners, general managers, financial officers, and others trying to understand the M&A landscape. View the full webinar here.