Christianna Finnern will be presenting at the 2022 LeadingAge Minnesota Institute in the virtual component February 22–24, 2022. The 2022 Institute & Expo is the place to reconnect with your peers and your purpose and learn from experts in top notch education sessions.
Christianna will present two talks – the first is, “Surviving SIRS Investigations and Your Appeal Rights,” and it will discuss the following:
- Defining statistical extrapolation and how is it used to calculate alleged overpayments.
- Knowing who is qualified to review medical records, and how review results intersect with statistical extrapolation.
- Learning the rules regarding when and how SIRS can utilize statistical extrapolation to calculate an alleged overpayment and the procedural due process for challenging such an alleged overpayment.
She will also present, “DHS Waiver Reimaging Project: Changes on the Horizon,” which will discuss:
- Details of the Minnesota Department of Human Services Waiver Reimagine project.
- Understanding the new Integrated Community Supports program and the new simplified menu across waiver programs.
- Evaluating whether you may or must add integrated community supports to your 245D license.
For more information and to register, please see the event website.