Fuse 2014: Design & Culture/Brand Strategy & Packaging
Stephen R. Baird
will be speaking on "The Intersection of Brands, Design and the Law
" at FUSE 2014
- the world's most revered conference in the brand strategy and design community. Designers face a multitude of legal challenges in bringing their ideas to the marketplace, and it has become increasingly imperative to collaborate with creative trademark counsel when developing a branding or marketing strategy.
Stephen R. Baird, lead author of the award-winning DuetsBlog
, shareholder and chair of the Trademark & Brand Management practice at Winthrop & Weinstine, P.A., will discuss a number of the issues designers and attorneys face today and how to gracefully navigate through them together while achieving great success.
Some of the issues to be discussed include:
- Pitfalls of trademark genericide and lower-case branding
- Brandverbs and trademark verbing
- The importance of form over function in non-word trademarks
- Dealing with allegations of trademark bullying