Work / Life & Flexibility Expo
| Tuesday, October 11, 2011
| 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.: Registration
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.: Conference
| Minneapolis Marriott Southwest
5801 Opus Parkway
Minneapolis, MN 55343
| Click here for more information.
The Work/Life Flexibility Expo features sessions that offer interactive and cost-effective ways to tackle an organization's challenges. Winthrop & Weinstine employment law attorney Laura A. Pfeiffer
is a moderator for the expo. Her session, "Flex Strategies from Manufacturing, Public and Private Sector - Under the Compliance Lens," will explore how organizations handled compliance issues and ensured successful implementation of flexible work solutions. Read below for more information on the session.
Flex Strategies from Manufacturing, Public and Private Sector -
Under the Compliance Lens
10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Deb Truesdell - Hennepin County
- Kara Terry - Hennepin Country
- Lora Geiger - Turck, Inc.
- Laura A. Pfeiffer (Moderator) - Winthrop & Weinstine
Workplace flexibility is more than a program or policy, it is a mindset for working, managing and doing business in a dynamic and competitive business environment that demands the best talent. To truly leverage the power of flexibility, a strategic approach to building a flexible work culture is needed. In this session, participants will learn from three different business segments, manufacturing, public sector health care and private sector, on successful flexibility implementation. Examples, best practices and success factors from these companies will be used to demonstrate the characteristics of a flexible work culture.
- Hear how these different organizations handled compliance issues that may keep flexibility from moving forward.
- Learn through case examples how to overcome organizational challenges and ensure successful implementation of flexible work solutions as a key element of a total rewards strategy to attract, retain and motivate critical talent.
- Understand the characteristics of a flexible work culture, the key elements and steps to develop a successful flexible work strategy and how to utilize flexible work solutions to ensure organizational and business success.